“Being digital” is now a part of everyone’s lives. You can neither avoid nor escape it, so why not embrace it?
During our conference, you will:
- learn more about #branding and #social media
- get insights on how to combine global outreach with local relevance
- hear from experts on how to advance your #alumni relations and #fundraising efforts
- discuss with peers what your own challenges in your day-to-day job are and be sure to “Stay Relevant in the #Digital Age”
Join us and get inspired by our top-notch speakers from renowned companies at EFMD’s Marcom, External and Alumni Relations conference hosted by McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management in Montreal, on 24-26 April 2019.
Montreal is a dynamic and international city in North America. Among the strong points of Canadian business schools, we can mention their alumni engagement, fundraising campaigns and stewardship. They are also at the cutting edge of technology when it comes to the use of digital tools. This year again EFMD takes advantage of the location of the conference to select the most relevant programme topics:
Olivier Marcil, Vice-President, External Relations, Bombardier Inc. will share how a large corporate organisation such as Bombardier can be impacted by a major transformation in the digital world and how it is dealing with turbulences in the global economy.
Marie Josée Lamothe, Managing Director, Branding, Google Canada will give an interview explaining some of their challenges with digital transformation.
Lisa Kimmel, CEO of Edelman, named global digital Agency of the year, will discuss the importance of trust and image in branding.
Mitch Joel, Founder of Six Pixels Group marketing and communications visionary, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world and Top 40 Under 40 award recipient, will shed light on what it means for organisations to be constantly digitally connected.
As a result of increasing pressure for global outreach, our panel of experts will showcase how their organisations strive to integrate local and global aspects through their campaigns, branding and engagement, while not forgetting their local relevance and market. Join the discussion with:
- Sarah Patel, Vice President, Head of Regulatory Initiatives Group at Scotiabank, Canada’s third largest bank
- Lori Rayner, Assistant Vice President of Marketing at HSBC Bank Canada, the largest foreign-owned bank in the country, with offices present in every province
- Sharmishta Chatterjee-Banerjee, Head of External Relations from Newcastle University Business School representing the Academic Collaboration Network, including partners as follow: Fudan University (CN), Tsinghua University (CN), Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IN), Gordon Institute of Business Science (SA), Yonsei University (KO) and University of Saint Gallen (CH).
Learn from the vast experiences of three professionals working in development and alumni relations in the higher education sector how to advance your alumni relations & fundraising efforts.
Last but not least, Sean Brown, Director of Global Communications and External Relations – Strategy and Corporate Finance Practice at McKinsey & Company in the US, will share tips on how to maximise the use of your stakeholders (alumni, students, faculty) as ambassadors of your brand.
Discover the full programme on our website and be sure to join us in Montreal!