Organised by ABIS – The Academy of Business in Society, you are warmly welcome to the 20th Annual Colloquium “Driving impact through responsible investing” conference. The conference will create a dialogue between practitioners and academics centering on the question: how to enhance positive business impact on society through responsible investing?
The conference welcomes responsible investing professionals, business practitioners, as well as scholars and educators in business, management and sustainable finance. The event is an opportunity for them to engage with each other, learn and discuss the latest insights and developments.
In recent times, we have seen significant developments in responsible investing. First of all, the uptake of ESG criteria has seen unprecedented acceleration. Once considered “niche” strategies, ESG adoption is now widespread and mainstream. The growth of responsible investing was also influenced by the 2030 Agenda and, in particular, the Paris climate agreement that led to commitments to align financial flows with the goal of limiting global warming to 1.5°C. In the EU context, the European Green Deal promotes an ambitious package of measures. Most recently, the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic further exposed the dire need for investments supporting a resilient economy and society. How can we ensure that the way out of the current crisis is also used to boost sustainability progress?
During the 20th ABIS Annual Colloquium we aim to examine the following:
- How can we accelerate progress on sustainability through responsible investing?
- How can business capture the benefits of responsible investing and develop low-carbon, circular and socially responsible solutions?
- What can be the role of academia and business education?
The conference features four sections. In the morning, we offer high level and practice-based views on responsible investing , as well as corporate perspectives. In the afternoon, we will focus on sharing the latest research findings from academics and practitioners, and a reflection on the role of business schools and the effects of integrating responsible investing in management education.
The event will take place ONLINE on November 23 from 9.00 – 16.00 CET.
- Hans Biemans, Head of Sustainable Markets, Managing Director, ING
- Roberta Bosurgi, CEO, European Venture Philantrophy Association
- Adrie Heinsbroek, Chief Sustainability Officer, NN Investment Partners
- Nancy Kamp-Roelands, Professor of Non-financial information, Integrated reporting and Assurance, University of Groningen
- Carol Tarr, Portfolio Manager, Kavedon Kapital
- Maarten Vleeschhouwer, Head of PACTA, 2° Investing Initiative
- Iris van Wanrooij, Program Manager Corporate Social Responsibility, Emma Safety Footwear
The event is sponsored by AACSB.