EFMD Global Network launches two eLearning training programmes
Online delivery of degree and non-degree education is the future, but how can the transition into this new world be effectively orchestrated?
EFMD GN Professional Development will launch two training programmes this autumn that will help business schools make this move successfully. Faculty members interested in augmenting their eLearning teaching skills can register for the Online Teaching Academy. Business school executives in charge of the push into eLearning have the opportunity to meet peers in Going Online: A Strategic Compass and learn how to strategise and manage this transition.
The Online Teaching Academy (OTA) is offered in cooperation with IE Business School and Imperial College Business School. It is a 6-week blended programme headed by experienced professionals involved in shaping the global digital education environment which leads to the “EFMD Certified Online Facilitator” award. OTA is built around a face-to-face workshop on 4-6 November 2019 in Milano, Italy (hosted by Politecnico Milano). It is preceded by a 2-week online period from the 16th to the 30th of October and followed by 3-week online period from the 6th to the 27th of November. The total programme is equivalent to 40 hours of study.
The Online Teaching Academy will enable participants to
- design a state-of-the-art blended or purely online learning experience,
- compare and contrast different models of online and blended learning,
- create an interactive learning experience with effective peer-to-peer interaction,
- use learning analytics to gain insights into learner behaviour,
- deliver rich and effective assessments using a range of technology and tools.
The inaugural edition of Going Online: A Strategic Compass will be hosted by Ural Federal University in Yekaterinburg, Russia on 15-16 November 2019. This intensive 1.5-day face-to-face workshop will help decision-makers in business schools to build a comprehensive roadmap towards online & blended learning encompassing strategic, financial, pedagogical and operational perspectives.
The Going Online: A Strategic Compass will enable participants to
- analyse and understand key trends shaping the environment of online teaching, which represent both opportunities and challenges,
- identify key challenges in online & blended teaching and its potential solutions,
- classify relevant online learning tools and attribute them to different teaching models,
- enunciate the advantages of online education to support and enrich the student learning experience.
More details on the Online Teaching Academy can be found on the event webpage. If you want to secure yourself a spot in the Online Teaching Academy, register now, the programme is filling up quickly. We are starting on 16th October!
Visit the Going Online: A Strategic Compass event webpage for more information and book your seat soon.
The 2020 editions of the Online Teaching Academy and Going Online: A Strategic Compass will be announced this coming November.
Ulrich Hommel, Director of Business School Development, EFMD Global Network
Sophie Zuchowicz, Digital Project Manager, EFMD Global Network