On behalf of the EFMD members and staff, we were deeply saddened to hear of Debapratim’s death.
Debapratim, Director of ICFAI Case Research Center and Professor at ICFAI Business School (IBS) in India, recently passed away from COVID-19. He was a winning author of many editions of the EFMD Case Writing Competition, hosted each year in partnership with The Case Centre, including this year’s Corporate Social Responsibility category.
Debapratim began submitting to the EFMD Case Writing Competition in 2006. Since that time, he has won eight awards in various categories. In 2011, the case he co-authored won the Inclusive Business Models category and was selected as the “Best of Best” of all winning cases that year. And in 2018, his cases won two categories, Latin American Business Cases and Supply Chain Management.
He received the following awards through The Case Centre:
- Top 40 Bestselling Case Authors: Debapratim was number one every year since the list was launched in 2016
- Outstanding Contribution to the Case Method: 2015
- Human Resource Management / Organisational Behaviour: 2015, 2019
- Knowledge, Information and Communication Systems Management: 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Production and Operations Management: 2020
- Outstanding Case Writer: 2018
- Outstanding Compact Case: 2019
Debapratim was an outstanding scholar, and we will sadly miss his contributions. Our sympathy, thoughts and prayers are with his family, colleagues and the whole academic community. Please accept our sincere condolences.
Friedemann Schulze-Fielitz, Director, EFMD Global Network Americas & Business School Services