“The Business Proofing of Business Schools” webinar series will be launched today. It is presented in partnership by XOLAS, GBSN and EFMD GN. Initially planned as a 5-part series, the webinars will explore how the pandemic is affecting the business side of business school operations. How can executive teams deal with the short-term fall-out of COVID-19 effectively and what adjustments will be needed to stay competitive in the longer term?
Today’s webinar focuses on executive education which has been particularly hard hit by the pandemic crisis:
Considered discretionary spending by many firms, training programs have been cancelled and postponed in large numbers. While degree students, in general, have appreciated the smooth switch-over from face-to-face to online delivery, the same cannot be said about executive education. Next to dealing with the financial fall-out of deal pipelines running dry, business schools are now faced with a range of wicked challenges:
- How exactly will the consensus hybrid model look like that combines online with face-to-face delivery? Will first-movers in the search of new pedagogy be the winners or losers in the end?
- How can executive education providers thrive on disruption by moving into acceleration mode and what does this entail? More focus on client impact? A radical reconstruction of the pedagogical experience? Or even the adoption of a Netflix-like approach?
- What role will partnership networks play in the future in enhancing the learning experience and what opportunities exist for business schools to become more deeply entrenched in the transformation agenda of corporate clients?
Join the webinar to discuss these questions and more with our panel of global experts:
Jörg Rocholl, President of ESMT Berlin
Martin Möhrle, Director Corporate Services of EFMD Global
Dominique Turpin, Former President & Dean of External Relations of IMD
The discussion will be moderated by Ulrich Hommel, Founding Partner of XOLAS.
➡️ Register now, participation is free of charge.
Other important aspects of the impact of the pandemic on business schools will be the focus of four more webinars between now and September.
The webinars will explore how the pandemic is affecting the business side of business school operations.
The webinar line up is as follows:
- Moving Executive Education Online: How Much and for How Long?
- How to Reposition International Student Recruitment After COVID-19?
- How to Make Business Schools More Resilient?
- Reconfiguring Risk Management of Business Schools: How to Move Beyond Registers and Other Compliance Rituals
- How to Manage the Institutional Funding Gap