Updated on 17 June 2020
The coronavirus is having a significant impact on individuals, which is equally affecting the operations of business education and corporate institutions across our network.
Given the WHO announcement declaring the spread of COVID-19 a pandemic, we are taking appropriate actions to ensure a safe environment for our members, associates, volunteers and staff, and implement extraordinary measures to mitigate the disruption of our operations and services. The health and well-being of our members and their families remain our highest priority.
In this challenging time, our priority is to support our members, facilitate the exchange of good practice and provide a safe environment for continuous development and growth.
Whenever appropriate, participation in visits, meetings and events is available through the means of virtual technology, but some of our activities are unfortunately being postponed or cancelled.
Please find below a recent update on our events and activities:
EFMD has partnered with Emerald Publishing to help bridge the connection between research and practice, and to showcase the true impact of business schools’ research in the real world through our Business School Impact System (BSIS). Read more about this initiative on our blog.
New online offerings:
- 28 April to 4 June 2020, the EFMD Global Network Virtual Career Fair Series by Highered. Next info session for Companies, 13 May at 11:00 CEST
- 3, 8 & 12 June 2020, Game Not Over: Gamification as a Key to Engage in Today’s Classroom.
- 17 June 2020, Next Stage – Developing a Sustainable Online Strategy, Virtual Workshop
- 22-26 June 2020, Leading Through a Global Crisis: Navigating the Unpredictable. NEW!
Transition to virtual meetings
- The BSIS Symposium moves online for The 2020 BSIS Virtual Symposium: Online Impact series, every Tuesday & Thursday at 13.00 CET, between 9 April and 12 May.
- The EQUIS & EFMD Accredited – Accreditation Seminars move online for the EQUIS & EFMD Accredited – Introductory Seminars, 20-21 May.
- EOCCS Community symposium is now the EOCCS Learning Community Symposium, 24-25 September.
- 2020 EFMD Annual Conference is postponed to 30 August – 1 September 2020 and will be hosted by emlyon.
- Sharing Best Practice Workshop (SBP), 27 March, Düsseldorf is postponed until June 2020.
- 2020 EFMD MARCOM, External and Alumni Relations Conference, 21-23 April 2020 is postponed to 12-14 October 2020 and will be hosted by Nyenrode Business Universiteit.
- Career Professionals Development Institute, 4-5 May, Barcelona is postponed until fall 2020.
- Online Teaching Academy, 18-20 May, Bangkok, is postponed until fall 2020.
- Going Online: a Strategic Compass, 16-17 June 2020 is postponed until fall 2020.
- 2020 EFMD MBA conference, is postponed to 14-16 March 2021 and will be hosted by the University of St. Gallen – Master of Business Administration.
- 2020 Doctoral Programmes Conference, 4-6 May, Vienna is postponed to 10-12 May 2021 and will be hosted by WU Wirtschafts Universität Wien – Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- The Executive Academy for Teaching and Learning Professionals, Asian intake is postponed until spring 2021.
- EFMD-HUMANE Winter School, 15-20 March, Barcelona is postponed, details about the new dates will follow soon.
- The Admission Institute for new professionals, 20-22 April, London is postponed, new dates will be confirmed shortly.
- The EFMD Middle East and Africa Conference is postponed to 28-30 March 2021.
Past online offerings
- Business Schools and the Coronavirus webinar in partnership with the Global Business School Network (GBSN), 10 March, 09:00 & 16:00 CEST.
- Corporate Learning in Times of COVID-19 webinar in collaboration with USB and Faurecia, 23 March 2020, 10:00 CEST.
- The COVID-19 Communications Challenge in partnership with Carrington Crisp and Roe Communication, 26 March 2020, 09:00 & 14:00 CEST.
- Stepping Up Your Online Game webinar in partnership with the Global Business School Network (GBSN), 2 April 2020, 14:00 CEST.
- Agile Learning in a Pandemic in collaboration with PA Consulting, 31 March 2020, 10:00 CEST.
- Engaging Online: Teaching and Learning with the SDG Academy in partnership with the SDG academy.
- Corporate Learning in the Time of a Pandemic II in collaboration with L’Oréal, Groupo Santander & Sibur, 30 April 10:00 CEST.
- Post-COVID Pedagogy: Harvesting Online Opportunities, 30 April 2020, 11:00 CEST.
- EFMD Doctoral Community Webinar: Supporting business school doctoral programmes during the pandemic and post lockdown, 5 May, 11:00 CEST.
- The Quality Assurance Academy presents the HOW TO webinars, 20 April to 11 May 2020.
- Time to change: Teaching in a digital age, 19 May 2020.
- The Smart Data Management workshop is cancelled.
EFMD will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation, and follow the recommendations of the WHO and national governments, in full coordination with the organisations and individuals affected. We will keep you informed as best as we can about the developments.