This blog is an unapologetic plug for the 7th EOCCS Learning Community symposium on the topic of online engagement.
When considering this blog post, I remembered the various blogs I have written over the years on the subject of engagement. Blogs such as:
Engagement of learners has always been the goal of good online learning experiences, and yet it is the point at which many fail.
This symposium asks WHY are facilitators (and many learners) so often frustrated by:
- Learner cameras being switched OFF?
- The same (few) learners offering opinions in breakout groups?
- The same (few) learners submitting forum posts / answering questions / watching the whole video, and commenting on it? AND
- Is this what we mean by engagement anyway?
Oh, and let’s not forget our faculty colleagues – are they engaged?
We trust that our attendees will go home with answers and solutions for their own online or blended experience.
Registration for the Symposium ends on 10 September – for online attendance.
So, what are you waiting for?
EOCCS – Online Course Certification System – offers your institution a quality-driven international certification system firmly embedded in the general philosophy of EFMD accreditations: internationalisation, practical relevance and quality improvement.
Whether you offer a business- or management-related course at a university, a business school, a corporate learning organisation or a public agency, EOCCS will provide you with a quality benchmark in the diverse educational landscape where digital technology is applied to teaching and learning.
- International Quality Benchmark: You can use EOCCS to demonstrate quality of online learning provision in your marketing, sales and faculty/staff recruitment.
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement: EOCCS provides in-depth peer review and feedback as well as recommendations for improvements and sustainability, all in less than 3-month completely online process.
- Community and Peer-to Peer Learning: EOCCS gives you access to best practice events and resources in a community of like-minded peers and experts.
Be a part of our vibrant online learning and networking community, stay up to date with the latest EOCCS news, attend workshops and participate in events, such as our upcoming EOCCS Learning Community Symposium, for online and in-person networking.