We are delighted to announce that the Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University, Japan, has been awarded initial EQUIS accreditation. Congratulations, and welcome to the EQUIS community!
Alfons Sauquet, Quality Services & EQUIS Director, commented, ‘Sincere congratulations to our newly accredited and re-accredited schools! This achievement endorses the schools’ self-commitment to continuous quality improvement and global relevance, and positions them as leading institutions in business education.’
Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University
The Graduate School of Management (GSM) was founded in 2006 following the historical commitment to academic freedom of its parent institution, Kyoto University – one of Japan’s oldest and most prestigious universities. It pursues the development of an educational system that connects research and specialised practice. GSM’s strong links with the world of practice and great reputation within Japan attest to the quality of its academic activities.
‘We are very excited to join the EQUIS community. As the first graduate school established under the National University Corporation in Japan to achieve the EQUIS accreditation, we are now more than ever committed to executing our mission, i.e., bridging research and practice so as to nurture dedicated leaders to realise a harmonious, sustainable society,’ commented Norio Sawabe, Dean, Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University.
During the same Accreditation Board meeting, the following institutions were also granted EQUIS re-accreditation:
- College of Business, City University of Hong Kong, China
- Faculty of Business Administration, Prague University of Economics and Business, Czech Republic
- Faculty of Management, Economics & Social Sciences, University of Cologne, Germany
- Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China
- Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, Canada
- School of Business and Management (HKUST Business School), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China
- School of Business, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Austria
EQUIS – EFMD Quality Improvement System
EQUIS is a rigorous tool for business schools to assess, accredit and improve their quality in ten key areas, benchmarking them against international standards in terms of governance, programmes, students, faculty, research, and foremost, internationalisation, ethics, responsibility and sustainability, as well as corporate engagement.
It offers a quality assessment and a quality improvement process, very much rooted in the mission of EFMD. True quality is about striving to do better, even when you are already excellent, and this focus on continuous improvement is thus at the heart of the EQUIS mission.
EQUIS attaches particular importance to the creation of effective learning environments which foster students’ managerial and entrepreneurial skills alongside their personal development and sense of global responsibility.There are currently 210 EQUIS accredited schools across 45 countries globally. More information is available on our website.
Learn more about the process for receiving EQUIS accreditation.