EFMD is calling upon external relations, marketing and communications teams to take part in new research into how different business schools are communicating and how they compare to their peers.
- The biggest barriers and challenges to their work, both internally and externally
- The channels they are using to reach prospective students, and which are most robust
- How they measure marketing communications effectiveness
- Where they intend to invest in marketing communications in the next 12 months
- The skills and expertise required in their departments – and any changes due to COVID-19
The findings will be launched at the EFMD Marcom, Alumni and External Relations Conference this fall.
The findings will be shared with the research respondents. EFMD intends to use the results to inform future initiatives such as conferences and training for its members.
“The coronavirus pandemic has turned the world on its head. It has thrown up massive challenges for communicators in our sector as they seek to reassure students, support graduate recruitment and engage with alumni,” says Magdalena Wanot, Director of Marketing and Communications at EFMD.
“This is on top of existing long-term challenges for business school communicators. We hope the research is a positive step that will give the sector some valuable insights into how we can support student recruitment and engage effectively with our external audiences.”
External relations, marketing communications and alumni teams can take part in the survey, which takes about 10 minutes, here: https://carringtoncrisp.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3pBVVtcPB4LDT0h.
The deadline for completion is 31 July 2020.