Updated on 2 April 2020*
The coronavirus is having a significant impact on individuals, which is equally affecting the operations of business education and corporate institutions across our network.
Given the WHO announcement declaring the spread of COVID-19 a pandemic, we are taking appropriate actions to ensure a safe environment for our members, associates, volunteers and staff, and implement extraordinary measures to mitigate the disruption of our operations and services. The health and well-being of our members and their families remain our highest priority.
In this challenging time, our priority is to support our members, facilitate the exchange of good practice and provide a safe environment for continuous development and growth.
Whenever appropriate, participation in visits, meetings and events is available through the means of virtual technology, but some of our activities are unfortunately being postponed or cancelled.
Please find below a recent update on our events and activities:
New online offerings:
- * The EFMD Global Network Virtual Career Fair Series by Highebred, starting 28 April. Next info session, 7 April at 09:00 & 16:00 CET.
- 26 March 2020, MARCOM & External Relation Webinar: Managing the COVID-19 Communications Challenge in partnership with CarringtonCrisp and Roe Communication.
- 23 March 2020, Corporate Learning in times of COVID-19 – virtual meeting and debate.
- 19 March 2020, SDG Academy webinar with the support of EFMD – “How to create an engaging learning experience?”
- 10 March 2020, GBSN Webinar discussion with the support of EFMD – “Business Schools and the Coronavirus.”
Transition to virtual meetings
- The BSIS Symposium moves online for The 2020 BSIS Virtual Symposium: Online Impact series, every Tuesday & Thursday at 13.00 CET, between 9 April and 12 May.
- The EQUIS & EFMD Accredited – Accreditation Seminar, 20-22 May, Bangkok will move online, 20-21 May. More information soon.
- The Executive Academy for Teaching and Learning Professionals, Asian intake is postponed until spring 2021.
- EFMD-HUMANE Winter School, 15-20 March, Barcelona is postponed, details about the new dates will follow soon.
- Sharing Best Practice Workshop (SBP), 27 March, Düsseldorf is postponed until June 2020.
- *2020 EFMD MBA conference, is postponed to 14-16 March 2021 and will be hosted by the University of St. Gallen – Master of Business Administration.
- The Admission Institute for new professionals, 20-22 April, London is postponed, new dates will be confirmed shortly.
- 2020 EFMD MARCOM, External and Alumni Relations Conference, 21-23 April 2020 is postponed to 21-23 September 2020 and will be hosted by Nyenrode Business Universiteit.
- 2020 Doctoral Programmes Conference, 4-6 May, Vienna is postponed to 10-12 May 2021 and will be hosted by WU Wirtschafts Universität Wien – Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Career Professionals Development Institute, 4-5 May, Barcelona is postponed until fall 2020.
- Online Teaching Academy, 18-20 May, Bangkok, is postponed until fall 2020.
- Going Online: a Strategic Compass, 16-17 Jue 2020 is postponed until fall 2020.
- The Smart Data Management workshop is cancelled.
EFMD will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation, and follow the recommendations of the WHO and national governments, in full coordination with the organisations and individuals affected. We will keep you informed as best as we can about the developments.